Friday, January 27, 2017

Behind the scenes...

Oh, dear.  I'm afraid it's been too quiet here on the blog the past few months.  But, there's been lots going on behind the scenes.

This past fall I illustrated my first board book, Blanket of Love, written by Alyssa Satin Capucilli and published by Little Simon.  This sweet little book will be released on May 16 and is part of the New Books for Newborns series.

Another book in the series, Mama Loves You So, was illustrated by Simone Shin.  I had the pleasure of meeting Simone at last year's SCBWI L.A. Summer Conference and am especially fond of her work. I hope you'll take a moment to look through her lovely website.

I'm also putting the finishing touches on the illustrations for Bark Park, written by Trudy Krisher and published by Beach Lane Books (I've had such a good time drawing dogs!) and am getting started on illustrations for two new picture books.

There've been other things afoot as well, like frozen pipes (now repaired thanks to my handy husband), an angry cold (mostly gone, but not quite), attending the Women's March in Denver, and some beautiful, snowy days.  Also, I totally failed to send out holiday cards this year.  I didn't send even one.  Oof.  Maybe I'll get organized in time for Valentine's Day.

And just one last thing... I missed the first print run of Carson Ellis's "Onward" posters, but I did snag a pack of her "Onward" notecards.  Maybe you would like some, too?  (All proceeds benefit Planned Parenthood).

No comments:

Post a Comment